Welcome to Woodlands Academy.
Welcome to Woodlands Academy's website, we hope you find all the information you are looking for and that the website will give you an insight in to life at our wonderful school.
Woodlands Academy is a warm and caring school, which aims to do the very best for the children in its care. Visitors to the school often remark upon its friendly, relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.
The relaxed, friendly ‘feel’ of the school is, achieved by a common set of aims and values shared by all members of staff. It is achieved by each of us having very clear, high expectations of our roles, our behaviour and performance.
The children know what is expected of them because we have all agreed:
- standards of work and behaviour
- all work is planned carefully
- children are clear about the purposes of their learning i.e. the learning questions and success criteria
- their new learning builds upon previous learning, and the learning is relevant
- we recognise parents are a child’s first educator and work in partnership with them
- we encourage parents to get to know as much as possible about their child’s education and to take every opportunity to find out what goes on in school
- parents are involved in school and their children’s education at many levels
Having clear and high expectations gives everyone a sense of security. Everyone knows exactly where they are, what they are doing and why. Within this supportive environment no-one should feel afraid to make a mistake; indeed, mistakes are seen as a valuable way of diagnosing what to do next. The Headteacher and staff are always willing to share their experiences and understandings of what has and has not worked for them in their teaching and organisation and will make every effort to help. So too will the children, who are very open and friendly.
We extend a warm and friendly welcome to all who come to Woodlands Academy, in whatever capacity. We believe everyone has an equally important role to play in the school.
Please feel free to contact the school directly with any queries you may have.
If you would like any of the information on the website as a paper copy, please contact the office.