Vision & Values
At Woodlands Academy we ensure our values underpin everything we do. The ethos of the school is built around resilience and self-belief. We believe that every child, parent and member of the community should be treated fairly and equally regardless of their age, race, faith or beliefs. We demonstrate mutual respect for each other and encourage children to discuss and debate topical issues that they may face. We teach children about the rule of law and democracy and how this is reflected in our everyday lives.
Our vision for this school is for the whole school community to work together as one so that we create a positive, inspiring and educational environment that provides endless opportunities. We will work together to make a difference to improve the lives of our children, enabling them to unlock their creativity and enjoy their learning journey so that they can be the best they can be. We will do this by building self-belief and encouraging aspirations and by ensuring everyone involved in the community of the school has a right to learn, the time to learn and the encouragement they need in order to learn. We will fulfil our roles to the best of our ability, supporting each other so that we may all feel proud and secure in our achievements, enabling the school to move forward and offer fantastic opportunities for enjoying our teaching and learning.
We believe everyone is unique, individual and special and that individual talents need to be nurtured. We believe everyone should be given the opportunity to be the best they can be and should be praised for their achievements. We all have skills and abilities that are of value and of importance and all should feel supported and valued. We feel everyone has the right to be given choices and to understand their own emotions so that they can progress and experience happiness. We believe that if we smile, the world will smile back. We believe everyone should come to school and feel safe, cared for and secure so that they are able to learn from their mistakes, for without mistakes there can be no progress. We believe that all people are equal and that they have their own beliefs and opinions; that they have the right to an opinion, to be treated with respect and to be heard. We believe people respond to those who listen. Acceptance of each other is important. We all have our own passions and we can all shine. We believe everyone has the right to be a lifelong learner. What we can do as a team today we can do as an individual tomorrow. Together we are stronger.
- To deliver a high quality teaching and learning experience for our pupils that promotes high standards and accelerated progress for all;
- To promote a love of education for all learners and to equip them with the tools to take ownership of their own learning;
- To promote children’s self-esteem, their rights and responsibilities;
- To create a welcoming atmosphere in school where children, staff, parents and visitors feel valued;
- To have high expectations for all within our community to ensure that we demonstrate the very best standards of conduct, moral purpose and integrity;
- To work in local, national and global partnerships in order to strengthen curriculum links and promote an awareness of the wider world;
- To ensure that our pupils feel safe and secure, and enjoy coming to school.
We will do this by:
- Placing teaching and learning at the heart of everything we do;
- Delivering innovative and effective teaching and learning;
- Working in partnership with other schools and businesses;
- Providing an exciting, broad and challenging learning experience;
- Promoting a ‘have a go’ culture where children have the confidence to challenge themselves as learners;
- Promoting the confidence and engagement of parents and carers in the learning of their children and the development of good behaviour.