Woodlands Academy is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of all our pupils.
To achieve this we have systems in place which are designed to:
- create and maintain a safe learning environment.
- identify child welfare concerns and take appropriate action.
- use the curriculum to enable our children to develop keep safe strategies.
- operate safer recruitment and selection procedures.
All staff have a responsibility to safeguard our pupils, however the main point of contacts for the school are:
Mrs Jayne Curtiss
Mrs Rachel Green
Mrs Sara Pearson
What to do if you have a concern about a child or young person.
If you are concerned about the safety or wellbeing of any child, you should act without delay.
You can contact
- our safeguarding team at school
- the MASH team (Multi- Agency Support Hub) on 01472 326292
- contact the police on 101 or 999 if an emergency
Everyone has a responsibility to keep children safe from harm. Many people worry that their concerns may be wrong, that they are interfering unnecessarily , or that someone else might report it. Our advice would be to report any concerns to school or to the MASH team, where advice can be given and the professionals can process the information you have.